Sunday, January 3, 2010

Crochet.Gan

      In the past two months I have crocheted six hats - one for Riley, one for Ben, one for Connor, and three for Chloe. Why three hats for Chloe? Well… the first two didn't fit her pretty little head!  
     I'm still not sure what the problem was, or even if the third hat fits her (I just finished hat #3 last night). I crocheted Chloe's hat with the same size crochet needle, used the same number of stitches, and used a single crocheted stitch as Connor's hat. The difference came in the type of yarn - for Chloe's first two hats I used Red Heart's Classic - the same yarn I used for Riley and Ben's hat but for Connor's I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease® Yarn. Although both yarns are a # 4 weight and
are two of my favorite yarns to work with, Wool-Ease® seems a little more flaccid than Red Heart’s Classic.
     Next on my “To-Do” list of items to crochet are hats for the big kids, drink coasters for my hubby, Amy’s birthday gift, and Hollie’s afghan that she was to receive when she graduated college in 2002!
Chloe's hat - Number 3!















Yarns:
Basic Hat -  Lion Brand Wool Ease in Blush Heather
Brim and Pom-Pom - Red Heart Soft Yarn in Chocolate
Pattern: Lion Brand Birthday Baby Pocket Cardigan and Hat.

No comments: